WERC is an Idaho 501(c)3 Non Profit with a Business & Gift Services office in University Place, Washington. Operating on under $174,800 annually, 100% of your donations are used for the cost of the health of animals in our care, training interns from universities around the world, construction and upkeep of our facility, and our regional outreach including weekly programs at Winchester Lake State Park.
WERC is presently moving our facility therefore we only have one wolf and are presently closed to the public. Kuckuc is the last surviving female member of the Owyhee Pack. With the public’s help, WERC has readied an enclosure to become home to a new pack of wolf pups upon Kuckuc’s rejoining of her family in death. We are also raising funds to build a fox enclosure and a bird of prey rescue aviary and will do so as funds are raised.
For explanation of budget, scroll down to see how your donation helps!
How Your Donation Helps
Greatest Need | Operations
Wolf Care Plan & Camp
- Food: $3,600
- Medicines & supplies: $3,400
- Maintenance & Repairs: $2,400
- Liability Insurance: $4,000
- Salaries, Stipends, & Insurance: $57,000
- Emergency Funds: $5,000
Mobile Species Lab
- K-12 Middle & High Schools
- State Park Junior Ranger Programs & Events
- State, County, & Community Fairs and Events
- High traffic Wildlife, Recreation & Outdoor Shows
- Carnivore Hot Spots where media covers conflicts with carnivores
- Sponsored Corporate events
Visit wolfcenter.org/learn/msl for latest news.
Sawtooth Legacy Quarterly (SLQ)
Sawtooth Legacy Films | New Media
The Last Pack: Gray Area, Wolves of the Southwest
A Will or Property Gift to WERC’s Future
- is easy to arrange.
- will not alter your current lifestyle in any way.
- can be easily modified to address your changing needs.
If you or your attorney would like Wolf Education & Research Center (Tax ID #82-0453409) to provide you with customized beneficiary language that is specific to your goal and interest, please contact us. Please direct all inquiries and information to WERC Business Office, 3029 69 Ave W, Unit H University Place, WA 98466.